There are currently no items in your cart.
Alfred's Drum Method Complete composed by Dave Black and Sandy Feldstein. For Snare Drum. Artist/Personality; Book; Method/Instruction; Percussion - Snare Drum Method; Poster; SmartMusic. Alfred's Drum Method. Beginner. 160 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.39273).
This unique title combines both books 1 and 2 of Alfredâ€™s Drum Method. With details on drum care, drum tuning, stick and drumhead selection and introductions to rudimental, corps (by Jay Wanamaker), and orchestral style playing, this comprehensive method book provides everything you need to become a well-rounded percussionist. Each page is designed as a single lesson, complete with a musical solo passage. Exclusive bonus features include the Vic Firth poster of the P.A.S. International Drum Rudiments and SmartMusic availability.
- LESSON 25: Alla Breve or "Cut Time"
- LESSON 26: Eighth Notes, Quarter Notes
- SOLO #17
- Hands Across The Sea
- LESSON 27: The Flam
- SOLO #18
- LESSON 28: Flam Rudiments: Flam Accent, Flam Tap, Flamacue
- SOLO #19
- The Thunderer
- LESSON 29: 6/8 Time
- LESSON 30: Eighth Notes, Sixteenth Notes, Eighth Rests
- LESSON 31: Rolls in 6/8
- SOLO #20
- LESSON 32: 6/8 "in 2"
- LESSON 33: 6/8 "in 2" with Rolls
- The Liberty Bell
- LESSON 34: The Drag
- LESSON 35: The Ruff
- SOLO #21
- LESSON 36: Syncopation
- LESSON 37: Syncopation in 3/4 Time, 2/4 Time
- SOLO #22
- LESSON 38: Tied Notes
- LESSON 39: Tied Notes, Rolls
- SOLO #23
- The Stars And Stripes Forever
- SOLO #24
- LESSON 40: Alternate 7-Stroke Roll
- SOLO #25
- LESSON 41: Street Beats
- SOLO #26
- Duet #1
- LESSON 42: Single Paradiddle, Double Paradiddle, Triple Paradiddle
- SOLO #27
- LESSON 43: Flam Paradiddle
- SOLO #28
- LESSON 44: Drag Paradiddle #1, Drag Paradiddle #2
- LESSON 45: Lesson 25
- SOLO #29
- LESSON 46: Single Ratamacue, Double Ratamacue, Triple Ratamacue
- SOLO #30
- LESSON 47: Paradiddle-Diddle, Flam Paradiddle-Diddle
- SOLO #31
- Duet #2
- LESSON 48: Introduction to the Orchestral Style of Drumming; Multiple Bounce/Orchestral Roll; Development of the Multiple-Bounce Roll
- Introduction to the Orchestral Style of Drumming; Multiple Bounce/Orchestral Roll; Development of the Multiple-Bounce Roll
- SOLO #32 (A-B-A Form)
- LESSON 49: 5/4 Time
- LESSON 50: 7/4 Time
- LESSON 51: Combining "like times" with a common denominator of four
- SOLO #33
- LESSON 52: 3/8 Time, 5/8 Time
- LESSON 53: 9/8 Time, 12/8 Time
- LESSON 54: Combining "like times" with a common denominator of eight
- SOLO #34 (Theme and Variations)
- LESSON 55: Combining denominators of four and eight
- SOLO #35
- Duet #3
- Excerpts from Temple Hill and Mountain Majesty
- LESSON 56: Multiple Percussion Concepts
- LESSON 57: Tonal Properties of the Snare Drum
- SOLO #36
- LESSON 58: Two-Hand Independence
- SOLO #37
- LESSON 59: Quarter-Note Triplets
- SOLO #38
- LESSON 60: Syncopation
- SOLO #39
- Duet #4
- LESSON 61: The Triangle
- LESSON 62: The Suspended Cymbal
- LESSON 63: The Tambourine
- LESSON 64: Tambourine Rolls, The Woodblock
- Excerpts from Wood County Celebration, At End of Day and Channel Islands Overture
- DUET #5 (Snare Drum and Tambourine)
- LESSON 65: Corps-Style Rudiments: Swiss Army Triplet, Pataflafla
- SOLO #40
- LESSON 66: 6-Stroke Roll
- LESSON 67: 10-Stroke, 11-Stroke and 15-Stroke Roll
- SOLO #41
- LESSON 68: Single Flammed Mill, Single Dragadiddle, Flam Drag
- SOLO #42
- LESSON 69: Triple-Stroke Roll, Back Sticking, Tap Sticking
- LESSON 70: Double Rim Shot, Corps-Style Stick Shot, Rim Click
- SOLO #43
- Final Rudimental Solo
- Final Orchestral Solo
- Final Multiple Percussion Solo
- Final Orchestral Duet
- Final Rudimental Duet
- Percussive Arts Society International Drum Rudiments
- Student's Practice Record
- Praise for Alfred's Drum Method
- The Snare Drum
- GETTING READY TO PLAY
- THE BASS DRUM
- THE CYMBALS
- Elements Of Music
- LESSON 1: Quarter Notes, Quarter Rests
- LESSON 2: Eighth Notes, Quarter Notes
- LESSON 3: Quarter Notes, Quarter Rests, Eighth Notes
- SOLO #1
- LESSON 4: Eighth Notes, Quarter Notes, Eighth Rests
- LESSON 5: Eighth Notes, Eighth Rests
- LESSON 6: Dotted Half Notes, Dotted Quarter Notes
- SOLO #2
- LESSON 7: Sixteenth Notes, Eighth Notes, Quarter Notes
- LESSON 8: Sixteenth Notes, Eighth Notes
- SOLO #3
- LESSON 9: Sixteenth Notes, Eighth Notes, Eighth Rests
- LESSON 10: Sixteenth Notes, Sixteenth Rests
- SOLO #4
- LESSON 11: Dotted Eighth and Sixteenth Notes
- SOLO #5
- LESSON 12: 2/4 Time
- SOLO #6
- LESSON 13: Eighth Notes, Sixteenth Notes, Eighth Rests
- LESSON 14: Sixteenth Notes, Sixteenth Rests
- SOLO #7
- SOLO #8
- LESSON 15: 3/4 Time
- LESSON 16: Sixteenth Notes, Eighth Notes
- SOLO #9
- LESSON 17: The Roll
- LESSON 18: The 5-Stroke Roll
- SOLO #10
- LESSON 19: The 9-Stroke Roll
- SOLO #11
- SOLO #12
- LESSON 20: The 13-Stroke Roll, The 17-Stroke Roll
- SOLO #13
- THE U.S. FIELD ARTILLERY MARCH
- LESSON 21: 3/4 Time, Rolls
- SOLO #14
- LESSON 22: Triplets
- LESSON 23: Sixteenth-Note Triplets, Eighth Notes
- SOLO #15
- LESSON 24: The 7-Stroke Roll
- SOLO #16
Alfred's Drum Method Complete
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Alfred's Drum Method Complete
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Percussion Sheet Music
Format: Posters & Prints
Series: Alfred's Drum Method