Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Lesson Book, Book 1
Composed by Willard A. Palmer, Morton Manus, and Amanda Vick Lethco. Method/Instruction; Piano - Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course. Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course. Book & CD. 112 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.14041).
Item Number: AP.14041
Titles: Alouette * Alpine Melody * Amazing Grace * At Last * Au Claire de la Lune * Aura Lee * The Ballad of Gilligan's Island * Beautiful Brown Eyes * Blow the Man Down! * Brother John * CafÃ© Vienna * The Can-Can * Chiapanecas * Cockles and Mussels * The Cuckoo * The Donkey * The Entertainer * A Friend Like You * The Gift to Be Simple * Go Down, Moses * Good King Wenceslas * Good Morning to You! * Got Those Blues * Greensleeves * Happy Birthday to You! * Harp Song * Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas * Here's a Happy Song! * He's Got the Whole World in His Hands * Jericho * Jingle Bells * Joy to the World! * Kum-ba-yah! * Largo (Dvorak) * Laura * Lavender's Blue * Little Brown Jug * London Bridge * Lone Star Waltz * Love Somebody * The Marine's Hymn * Mary Ann * Merrily We Roll Along * Mexican Hat Dance * Michael, Row the Boat Ashore * Money Can't Buy Everything * My Fifth * Ode to Joy * On Top of Old Smoky * O Sole Mio * Over the Rainbow * Raisins and Almonds * Rockets * Rockin' Intervals * Rock It Away! * Scarborough Fair * Singin' in the Rain * Standing in the Need of Prayer * Tisket, a Tasket * Waltz Time * What Can I Share * When the Saints Go Marching In * Why Am I Blue?
About Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course
Designed for use with an instructor, the Adult All-in-One Course is for the beginning student looking for a truly complete piano course. It is a greatly expanded version of Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course that includes lessons, theory, technique, and additional repertoire in a convenient all-in-one format. This comprehensive course features written assignments that reinforce each lesson's concepts, a smooth, logical progression between each lesson, a thorough explanation of chord theory and playing styles, and outstanding extra songs, including folk, classical, and contemporary selections. At the completion of this course, the student will have learned to play some of the most popular music ever written and will have gained a good understanding of basic musical concepts and styles.
- Introduction to Playing
- How to Sit at the Piano
- Finger Numbers. Piano Tones
- The Keyboard
- Name That Key!
- C Position
- Right Hand C Position. Treble Clef Sign. Right Hand Warm-Up
- Quarter Notes & Half Notes, Measure, Bar Line, Double Bar. ODE TO JOY
- Left Hand C Position, Bass Clef Sign, Left Hand Warm-Up
- The Whole Note. Aura Lee.
- The Grand Staff
- The Grand Staff, Time Signature, 4/4, Whole Rest. Repeat Sign
- Playing C-G on the Grand Staff
- Rock-Along. Mexican Hat Dance
- Melodic Intervals, 2nds, 3rds Dynamic Signs, p, mf, Au Claire de la Lune, Tisket, A Tasket
- Harmonic Intervals, 2nds, 3rds
- Melodic 4ths, 5ths, Good King Wenceslas, My fifth
- Harmonic 4ths, 5ths. Jingle Bells
- Introduction To Chords
- The C Major Chord
- Half Rest. Brother John. Here's a Happy Song.
- Introducing B for LH. Two Important Chords for LH-C Major, G7
- Tied Notes. Merrily We Roll Along. Largo (from the New World)
- Introducing B for RH. C Major, G7 Chords for RH
- Mary Ann
- Time Signature, 3/4 The Dotted Half Note, Rockets
- Slurs & Legato Playing. What Can I Share?
- Introducing A for LH. F Major Chord for LH
- Warm-Up using C, G7 & F Chords for HL. When the Saints Go Marching In.
- Introducing A for RH. C & F Chords for RH
- Warm-Up using C, G7 & F Chords for RH. When the Saints Go Marching In.
- G Position
- G Position
- Love Somebody! A Friend Like You.
- The Donkey
- The Sharp Sign. Money Can't Buy Ev'Rything!
- The G Major & D7 Chords for LH
- The Cuckoo
- The G Major & D7 Chords for RH. Block Chords & Broken Chords.
- The Damper Pedal. Harp Song
- Introducing E for LH. A New Position of the C Major Chord
- Warm-Up using G, D7 & C Chords. Beautiful Brown Eyes
- Introducing E for RH. New C major Chord Position for RH.
- Warm-Up using G, D7 & C Chords. Alpine Melody
- Middle C Position
- Middle C Position. Thumbs on C!
- Crescendo, Diminuendo. Waltz Time.
- Fermata. Good Morning to You!
- Eighth Notes. Happy Birthday to You!
- D.C. al Fine. Standing in the Need of Prayer
- Combining Middle C and C Position. The Gift to be Simple
- Dotted Quarter Notes.
- Measures from Familiar Songs Using Dotted Quarter Notes.
- Expanding the 5 Finger Positions
- Measuring 6ths
- Lavender's Blue
- London Bridge. Michael, Row the Boat Ashore.
- Blow the Man Down!
- Moving Up and Down the Keyboard in 6ths. Lone Star Waltz.
- Measuring 7ths and Octaves
- CafŽ Vienna
- The Flat Sign. Rock it Away!
- Measuring Half Steps & Whole Steps. Tetrachords.
- Scales & Chords-The Key of C Major
- The Major Scale. The C Major Scale
- ff. Joy to the World!
- More about Chords
- Cockles and Mussels
- The Primary Chords in C Major. Chord Progressions
- About the Blues. Got Those Blues!
- RH Extended Position. On Top of Old Smoky.
- The Key of G Major
- the G Major Scale. The Key of G Major.
- Changing Fingers on the Same Note. The Can Can
- The Primary Chords in G Major. The Marines' Hymn
- Syncopated Notes. Natural Sign. 1st & 2nd Endings. Why Am I Blue?
- The Key of F Major
- The F Major Scale
- Eighth Rest. Accent Sign. Little Brown Jug
- The Primary Chords in F Major. Chiapanecas
- O Sole Mio
- Arpeggiated Chords
- The Key of A Minor
- The Key of A Minor. The A Harmonic Minor Scale.
- More Syncopated Notes. Jericho
- Overlapping Pedal. Mp. Greensleeves
- More about Triads. The Primary Chords in A Minor
- Go Down, Moses
- The Key of D Minor
- The Key of D Minor. The D Harmonic Minor Scale
- pp. Scarborough Fair
- The Primary Chords in D Minor. Raisins and Almonds.
- He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- The Entertainer.
- Eighth Note Triplets. Amazing Grace.
Customers Who Bought Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course Lesson Book, Book 1 Also Bought:
Piano Methods Sale - 20% off