Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course - Jazz/Rock Course (Book/CD)
A Complete Approach to Playing on both Acoustic and Electronic Keyboards. Method/Instruction; Piano - Alfred's Basic Jazz/Rock Course. Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course. Technique, Jazz and Rock. Instructional book and examples CD. With introductory text, instructional text, standard notation and fingerings. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.14520).
Item Number: AP.14520
ISBN 0739013343. 9x12 inches.
Adult beginners can be taught the basics of jazz and rock music easily using this dynamic supplement to Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course. And, teachers don't have to be jazz or rock experts to teach it! Perfect for individual or group instruction and playable on both acoustic and electronic keyboard.
About Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course
Designed for use with an instructor, the Adult All-in-One Course is for the beginning student looking for a truly complete piano course. It is a greatly expanded version of Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course that includes lessons, theory, technique, and additional repertoire in a convenient all-in-one format. This comprehensive course features written assignments that reinforce each lesson's concepts, a smooth, logical progression between each lesson, a thorough explanation of chord theory and playing styles, and outstanding extra songs, including folk, classical, and contemporary selections. At the completion of this course, the student will have learned to play some of the most popular music ever written and will have gained a good understanding of basic musical concepts and styles.
- Ain't Misbehavin' (from "Ain't Misbehavin'") Composed by Fats Waller; Harry Brooks;Lyrics by Andy Razaf
- The Shadow of Your Smile (from "The Sandpiper") Composed by Johnny Mandel;Lyrics by Paul Francis Webster
- Theme From "New York, New York" Composed by John Kander;Lyrics by Fred Ebb
- One O'Clock Jump Composed by Count Basie
- Gonna Fly Now (Theme From "Rocky") Composed by Bill Conti; Ayn Robbins; Carol Connors