Alfred Jazz Play-Along -- The Music of Gordon Goodwin, Volume 4
Rhythm Section (Piano, Bass, Drum Set). Book; CD; Mixed Instruments - Flexible Instrumentation; Play-Along. Alfred Jazz Play-Along Series. Jazz. 148 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.36102).
Item Number: AP.36102
ISBN 0739076124. Gordon Goodwin.
Nine Gordon Goodwin Big Phat Band classics in a jazz play-along! The Alfred Jazz Play-Along series for Rhythm Section goes beyond the other play-alongs. The rhythm section book has written-out parts for piano, bass, and drumset to show comping suggestions. In addition, each tune includes the melody and a sample jazz solo written out for you to listen to, play, and practice. The included mp3 CD has a demo track and a play-along track for for piano, bass, and drums. The demo track, featuring Gordon Goodwin and players from the Big Phat Band, is a learning tool for the melody, piano comping, bass lines, drum parts, and improvisation. The play-along track allows each player to practice with the rhythm section as individuals with their part removed from the mix. The MP3 CD also features tempo changing software allowing you to slow down or speed up the tempo. The written comping examples along with the written sample solos are all invaluable assets that make learning how to improvise easier. Nine great Gordon Goodwin compositions = great jazz!
Titles: Count Bubba's Revenge * High Maintenance * Howdiz Songo? * Jazz Police * Maynard & Waynard * Race to the Bridge * Rippin 'n Runnin' * That's How We Roll * The Very Best of Times
Recorded Acc. Available.
- The Jazz Police Additional credits Gordon Goodwin
- That's How We Roll Composed by Gordon Goodwin
- Maynard & Waynard Composed by Gordon Goodwin
- Howdiz Songo? Composed by Gordon Goodwin
- High Maintenance Composed by Gordon Goodwin
- The Very Best of Times Composed by Gordon Goodwin
- Rippin 'n Runnin' Composed by Gordon Goodwin
- Race to the Bridge Composed by Gordon Goodwin
- Count Bubba's Revenge Composed by Gordon Goodwin