Alfred Jazz Play-Along -- Strayhorn & More, Volume 1
Rhythm Section (Piano, Bass, Drum Set). Book; CD; Mixed Instruments - Flexible Instrumentation; Play-Along. Alfred Jazz Play-Along Series. Jazz. 132 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.38722).
Item Number: AP.38722
ISBN 0739084879. Billy Strayhorn.
The Alfred Jazz Play-Along series for Rhythm Section goes beyond the other play-alongs. The rhythm section book has written out parts for piano, bass, and drumset to show comping suggestions. In addition, each of the nine jazz standards includes the melody and a sample jazz solo written out for you to listen to, play, and practice. The included MP3 disc has a demo track and a play-along track for each tune for piano, bass, and drums. The demo track, featuring a pro rhythm section with a horn player, is a learning tool for the melody, piano comping, bass lines, drum parts, and improvisation. The play-along track allows each player to practice with the rhythm section as individuals with their part removed from the mix. In addition, the rhythm section parts in the book can be used as small group arrangements. Each jazz standard has specific improvisation tips and suggestions. The written out comping examples and melody along with the written out sample solos are all invaluable assets that makes learning how to improvise easier. Nine great tunes=great jazz! Titles: Caravan * Chelsea Bridge * Freddie Freeloader * Isfahan * Johnny Come Lately * Prelude to a Kiss * Raincheck * Take the "A" Train * Upper Manhattan Medical Group.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Upper Manhattan Medical Group a/k/a UMMG Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Raincheck Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Chelsea Bridge Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Caravan (Instrumental) Composed by Duke Ellington; Irving Mills; Juan Tizol
- Isfahan (from "Impressions of the Far East") Composed by Duke Ellington;Additional credits Billy Strayhorn
- Johnny Come Lately Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Prelude To A Kiss Composed by Duke Ellington;Lyrics by Irving Gordon; Irving Mills
- Take The "A" Train Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Freddie Freeloader Additional credits Miles Davis
Customers Who Bought Alfred Jazz Play-Along -- Strayhorn & More, Volume 1 Also Bought: