Alfred Jazz Play-Along -- Strayhorn & More, Volume 1
C, B-flat, E-flat, & Bass Clef Instruments
C, B-flat, E-flat & Bass Clef Instruments. Mixed Instruments - Flexible Instrumentation; Play-Along. Alfred Jazz Play-Along Series. Jazz. Book & CD. 88 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.33387).
Item Number: AP.33387
ISBN 0739062867. Billy Strayhorn.
Go beyond the typical play-along with Alfred's Jazz Play-Along series, an innovative approach to teaching improvisation. Each volume contains parts for C, B-flat, E-flat, and bass clef instruments and includes a sample written-out jazz solo for you to listen to, study, and play.
The included CD offers a demo track, play-along track, and split track functionality, and features a professional rhythm section and horn player to learn the melodies, styles, and sample solos. In addition, the play-along tracks allow a soloist or group to learn and perform with the rhythm section only. Split tracks offer piano, guitar, and bass players the opportunity to perform with the track by dialing in/out left or right stereo channels.
Each tune has specific improvisation tips and suggestions and the sample solo is an invaluable asset that makes learning how to improvise easier. Play-alongs have never been more complete, so collect the entire series!
Titles: Take the 'A' Train * Isfahan * Freddy Freeloader * Caravan * Prelude to a Kiss * Johnny Come Lately * UMMG (Upper Manhattan Medical Group) * Raincheck * Chelsea Bridge.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Johnny Come Lately Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Upper Manhattan Medical Group a/k/a UMMG Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Take The "A" Train Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Caravan (Instrumental) Composed by Duke Ellington; Irving Mills; Juan Tizol
- Prelude To A Kiss Composed by Duke Ellington;Lyrics by Irving Gordon; Irving Mills
- Chelsea Bridge Composed by Billy Strayhorn
- Isfahan (from "Impressions of the Far East") Additional credits Duke Ellington; Billy Strayhorn
- Freddie Freeloader Additional credits Miles Davis
- Raincheck Composed by Billy Strayhorn