Alfred Jazz Play-Along -- Brubeck & More, Volume 3
C, B-flat, E-flat, & Bass Clef Instruments - Grade 3
C, B-flat, E-flat & Bass Clef Instruments. Book; CD; Mixed Instruments - Flexible Instrumentation; Play-Along. Alfred Jazz Play-Along Series. Jazz. 112 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.36093).
Item Number: AP.36093
ISBN 073907315X. Dave Brubeck.
The Alfred Jazz Play-Along series goes beyond the other play-alongs! Some of the best jazz tunes written are arranged in an educational and fun setting, with sophisticated recordings by some of the top musicians in the country. Each volume has parts for C, B-flat, E-flat, and bass clef instruments and includes a sample jazz solo that is written out for you to listen to, play, and practice. The included CD has a demo and play-along track for each tune. The demo track, featuring a pro rhythm section and horn player, is a learning tool for the melodic concept, overall jazz style, and the sample jazz solo. The play-along track allows a soloist or group to learn and perform with the rhythm section. Specific improvisation tips and suggestions are included. A jazz solo is written out for each song--an invaluable asset that makes learning how to improvise easier. There is also a matching book for rhythm section featuring piano, bass, and drum parts! Nine great tunes=great jazz! Titles: Alone Together * Good Bait * How High the Moon * In Your Own Sweet Way * Invitation * It's a Raggy Waltz * Old Devil Moon * Robbin's Nest * Unit 7.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- How High The Moon Composed by Morgan Lewis;Lyrics by Nancy Hamilton
- Invitation Composed by Bronislau Kaper;Lyrics by Paul Francis Webster
- In Your Own Sweet Way Composed by Dave Brubeck
- It's A Raggy Waltz Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Old Devil Moon (from "Finian's Rainbow") Composed by Lane Burton,Burton Lane;Lyrics by E.Y. "Yip" Harburg
- Good Bait Additional credits Tadd Dameron; Count Basie
- Alone Together Composed by Arthur Schwartz;Lyrics by Howard Dietz,Howard Dietz
- Unit 7 Additional credits Sam Jones
- Robbin's Nest Composed by Charles Thompson; Illinois Jacquet