Alfred Jazz Easy Play-Along -- Easy Standards, Volume 2
Rhythm Section (Piano, Bass, Drum Set). Book; CD; Mixed Instruments - Flexible Instrumentation; Play-Along. Alfred Easy Jazz Play-Along Series. Jazz. 96 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.36090).
Item Number: AP.36090
The Alfred Jazz EASY Play-Along series for Rhythm Section goes beyond the other play-alongs. The rhythm section book has written out parts for piano, bass, and drumset to show comping suggestions. In addition, each of the nine jazz standards includes the melody and a sample written-out jazz solo for you to listen to, play, and practice. The included MP3 disk has a demo track and a play-along track for each tune for piano, bass, and drums. The demo track, featuring a pro rhythm section with a horn player, is a learning tool for the melody, piano comping, bass lines, drum parts, and improvisation. The play-along track allows each player to practice with the rhythm section as individuals with their part removed from the mix. In addition, the rhythm section parts in the book can be used as small group arrangements. Each jazz standard has specific improvisation tips and suggestions. The written out comping examples and melody along with the written out sample solos are all invaluable assets that makes learning how to improvise easier. Nine great tunes=great jazz! Titles: After You've Gone * Blues March * Lazy Bird * Lester Leaps In * Mr. PC * Road Song * Scrapple From the Apple * St. James Infirmary * Summertime.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Lester Leaps In Additional credits Lester Young
- Lazy Bird Additional credits Johnny Coltrane
- Summertime (from "Porgy and Bess") Composed by George Gershwin; Dubose Heyward; Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- St. James Infirmary Composed by Irving Mills
- After You've Gone Additional credits Henry Creamer; Turner Layton
- Mr. PC Composed by John Coltrane
- Scrapple From The Apple Composed by Charlie Parker
- Blues March Composed by Benny Golson
- Road Song Composed by Wes Montgomery