Alfred Jazz Easy Play-Along -- Easy Standards, Volume 2
C, B-flat, E-flat, & Bass Clef Instruments
C, B-flat, E-flat & Bass Clef Instruments. Book; CD; Mixed Instruments - Flexible Instrumentation; Play-Along. Alfred Easy Jazz Play-Along Series. Jazz. 80 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.36087).
Item Number: AP.36087
The Alfred Jazz EASY Play-Along series goes beyond the other play-alongs. Each volume has parts for C, B-flat, E-flat, and bass clef instruments and includes a sample jazz solo written out for you to listen to, play, and practice. The included CD has a demo and play-along track for each tune. The demo track , featuring a pro rhythm section and horn player, is a learning tool for the melodic concept, overall jazz style and the sample jazz solo. The play-along track allows a soloist or group to learn and perform with the rhythm section. Specific improvisation tips and suggestions are included. The included sample jazz solo is an invaluable asset that makes learning how to improvise easier. There is also a matching book for rhythm section featuring piano, bass and drum parts. Nine great tunes=great jazz! Titles: After You've Gone * Blues March * Lazy Bird * Lester Leaps In * Mr. PC * Road Song * Scrapple from the Apple * St. James Infirmary * Summertime.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Summertime (from "Porgy and Bess") Composed by George Gershwin; Dubose Heyward; Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Lazy Bird Additional credits Johnny Coltrane
- Lester Leaps In Additional credits Lester Young
- After You've Gone Additional credits Henry Creamer; Turner Layton
- St. James Infirmary Composed by Irving Mills
- Scrapple From The Apple Composed by Charlie Parker
- Mr. PC Composed by John Coltrane
- Road Song Composed by Wes Montgomery
- Blues March Composed by Benny Golson