There are currently no items in your cart.
Aguas De Marco [Waters Of March] by Antonio Carlos Jobim. Edited by Rob Duboff and Jeffrey Sultanof. Arranged by Claus Ogerman. For studio orchestra (English Vocal, Portuguese Vocal, Woodwind 1: Piccolo/Bass Flute (Alto Flute Alt Part)/C Flute, Woodwind 2: Piccolo/Bass Flute (Alto Flute Alt Part)/C Flute/Alto Flute, Woodwind 3: Bass Flute (Alto Flute Alt Part)/C Flute/Alto Flute, Woodwind 4: Bass Flute). Recorded by Antonio Carlos Jobim. Bossa Nova. Medium. Score and parts. Published by Jazz Lines Publications (JL.JLP-8681).
In 2001 a poll of more than 200 Brazilian journalists, musicians and other artists was conducted by a leading Brazilian daily newspaper, was named as the all-time best Brazilian song in this poll. The song first appeared in 1972 on the self-titled record Jobim (released a year later in South America as Matita Pere). The arrangement, featuring Jobim on Portugese vocals, was crafted by Claus Ogerman with whom, on several occasions, Jobim had previously worked . This brilliant arrangement perfectly frames the stream of consciousness song. Ogerman's instrumentation features 4 various types of flutes (see below) along with violins, cello, guitar, piano, bass, and drums. Ogerman specifies 12 violins and 5 celli and provided exact divisi instructions (which we have included). In addition, all flutes are on bass flute for 4 measures only. We have retained this but have included alternate alto flute parts in the event that bass flutes aren't available. Lastly, we have included both the original Portuguese lyrics as well as the English lyrics. It should be noted that when Jobim wrote the English lyrics he modified the melody in places. We have opted to include both melodies (in separate vocal staves) so that the vocalist has the optional of performing this in either language.
Aguas De Marco [Waters Of March]
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Aguas De Marco [Waters Of March]
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Voice Sheet Music
Ensemble: Orchestra Music