Advanced Modern Rock Guitar Improvisation
Guitar (Electric) - Advanced
Composed by Jon Finn. Squareback saddle-stitched, Improvisation. Rock. Book/CD/DVD Set. 128 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.98053SET).
Item Number: MB.98053SET
ISBN 9780786668663. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Renowned Berklee College of Music faculty guitarist Jon Finn, combines his experience, education, and stylistic versatility in this eclectic series of lessons for aspiring rock guitarists. Jon's innovative approach is unique, fun, and challenging. The book/CD set and DVD both offer a well researched original take on the use of pentatonic scales in rock improvisation. Using his "Warp Refraction Principle" which takes into account the major third tuning interval between the second and third strings, Jon presents a series of five vertical patterns applied in two-string increments throughout the fretboard. The philosophy behind this project is to present concepts and techniques as a thought process rather than simply providing a reference manual.
- How To Use This Book
- The Warp Refraction Principle
- The guitar's "Laws of Physics"
- Fretboard Geometry
- A new look at Pentatonics
- Alternate Pentatonics
- How to use pentatonics without anyone knowing
- Modes For Morons
- Use pentatonics to find modes
- The Magic Number Sequence
- Fretboard Geometry applied to modes
- Choose Your Notes
- How the Magic Number Sequence can apply to note choice
- Decode the Modes
- When do you use what mode?
- Alternate Modes
- What they are and how to use them
- How it all relates
Customers Who Bought Advanced Modern Rock Guitar Improvisation Also Bought: