Advanced Alto Sax Solos, Vol. II (Vincent Abato)
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD4116).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD4116
ISBN 1596155949. Soloist: Vincent Abato, alto saxophone; Accompaniment: Harriet Wingreen, piano.
Listen as extraordinary virtuoso Vincent Abato of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra takes you further into the advanced repertoire with these spectacular sax selections. Listen to his masterful interpretations, examine his performance suggestions, then you step in and make magic with Harriet Wingreen, legendary piano accompanist for the New York Philharmonic. This digitally remastered master class includes slow-tempo practice versions of the Schubert 'L'Abeille' and the Allegro from Rabaud's Solo de Concours.
Includes a high-quality printed solo part containing the solo part, annotated with performance suggestions; and a digitally remastered compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
- L'Abeille (The Bee) Performed by Franz Schubert
- L'Abeille (The Bee) (slow practice version) Performed by Franz Schubert
- Solo de Concours (Moderato-Largo-Allegro) Performed by Henri Rabaud (arr. And Ed. Harry Gee)
- Solo de Concours: Allegro section (slow practice version) Performed by Henri Rabaud (arr. And Ed. Harry Gee)
- Sonata for Alto Saxophone, op. 19: II. With Tranquility Performed by Paul Creston
- Sonata for Alto Saxophone, op. 19: III. With Gaiety Performed by Paul Creston