There are currently no items in your cart.
Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop by Richard Gilewitz. For Guitar (Fingerpicking). Wire bound, Technic. Acoustic Music. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD/DVD Set. 96 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20184SET).
ISBN 9780786671038. Acoustic Music. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Direct from the master of guitar clinics, this 96-page book contains a plethora of topics based on Richard Gilewitz's experience of conducting fingerstyle guitar and sound seminars for nearly a decade in a variety of settings worldwide. Sections are built around the most frequently asked questions from players of all ages and skill level, with topics supported by written explanations, exercises, original music tablature and notation pieces, charts, and photographs.
Recommended for players and teachers of both 6 and 12-string guitar, this book provides encouragement and new avenues for growth for all students wishing to improve upon their life-long craft. The companion CD and 83-minute DVD provide a guide to discussion on learning slide, how to select a guitar, capos, metronomes, tuners, strings, composition, hand positions, practice methods, touring and recording tips, standard and open tunings, picking patterns, and more. Original compositions offered in tablature and notation include "Dirt To Dust" with the new "Gypsy Minor" introduction, "Bilingual Fantasy", "Jamaicalina", "Pre Dawn Mourning", "Echoing Gilewitz", "Mrs. Firecracker's Place", and "The Maison Blanche Exit Song".
* 96-page book contains topics based on authorÕs experience of conducting fingerstyle guitar seminars for nearly a decade
* Sections are built around the most frequently asked questions from students
* Topics supported by companion CD, DVD, written explanations, exercises, original music tablature and notation pieces, and charts.
- Here's What Folks Are Saying
- About the Author
- Chapter One: Why Write a Guitar Workshop Book?
- Chapter Two: Questions
- Chapter Three: Selecting a Guitar
- Chapter Four: The 12-String Guitar
- Chapter Five: String Gauges/Options
- Chapter Six: Capos
- Chapter Seven: Slide and Techniques for Playing Slide
- Chapter Eight: Practice Routine
- Chapter Nine: Burnout, Inspiration, and Rekindling
- Chapter Ten: Influences
- Chapter Eleven: Composing
- Chapter Twelve: Education Background
- Chapter Thirteen: Amplification of an Acoustic Guitar
- Chapter Fourteen: What Is It Like to Perform Live?
- Chapter Fifteen: Studio Tips
- Chapter Sixteen: Touring Tips and Road Stories
- Chapter Seventeen: Alternate Tunings
- Master Tuning Diagram
- Chapter Eighteen: Fingernails and Fingerpicks
- Chapter Nineteen: Speed Playing
- Chapter Twenty: Don't You Run Out of Breath and Get Tense?
- Chapter Twenty One: Right-Hand Attack and Position
- Chapter Twenty Two: Words of Encouragement
- Chapter Twenty Three: Picking Pattern Study Notes
- Chapter Twenty Four: Historical Notes
- Arpeggio Exercise
- Tremolo Exercise
- Picking Patterns
- Extra Patterns
- Echoing Gilewitz Patterns
- Echoing Gilewitz
- Maison Blanche Patterns
- The Maison Blanche Exit Song
- Mrs. Firecracker's Patterns
- Mrs. Firecracker's Place
- Pre-Dawn Mourning
- Bilingual Fantasy
- Gypsy Minor/Dirt to Dust
Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.