Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop
Guitar (fingerpicking) - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Richard Gilewitz. Wire bound, Technic. Acoustic Music. Book/CD/DVD Set. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20184SET).
Item Number: MB.20184SET
ISBN 9780786671038. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Direct from the master of guitar clinics, this 96-page book contains a plethora of topics based on Richard Gilewitz's experience of conducting fingerstyle guitar and sound seminars for nearly a decade in a variety of settings worldwide. Sections are built around the most frequently asked questions from players of all ages and skill level, with topics supported by written explanations, exercises, original music tablature and notation pieces, charts, and photographs.
Recommended for players and teachers of both 6 and 12-string guitar, this book provides encouragement and new avenues for growth for all students wishing to improve upon their life-long craft. The companion CD and 83-minute DVD provide a guide to discussion on learning slide, how to select a guitar, capos, metronomes, tuners, strings, composition, hand positions, practice methods, touring and recording tips, standard and open tunings, picking patterns, and more. Original compositions offered in tablature and notation include "Dirt To Dust" with the new "Gypsy Minor" introduction, "Bilingual Fantasy", "Jamaicalina", "Pre Dawn Mourning", "Echoing Gilewitz", "Mrs. Firecracker's Place", and "The Maison Blanche Exit Song".
* 96-page book contains topics based on authorÕs experience of conducting fingerstyle guitar seminars for nearly a decade
* Sections are built around the most frequently asked questions from students
* Topics supported by companion CD, DVD, written explanations, exercises, original music tablature and notation pieces, and charts.
- Here's What Folks Are Saying
- About the Author
- Chapter One: Why Write a Guitar Workshop Book?
- Chapter Two: Questions
- Chapter Three: Selecting a Guitar
- Chapter Four: The 12-String Guitar
- Chapter Five: String Gauges/Options
- Chapter Six: Capos
- Chapter Seven: Slide and Techniques for Playing Slide
- Chapter Eight: Practice Routine
- Chapter Nine: Burnout, Inspiration, and Rekindling
- Chapter Ten: Influences
- Chapter Eleven: Composing
- Chapter Twelve: Education Background
- Chapter Thirteen: Amplification of an Acoustic Guitar
- Chapter Fourteen: What Is It Like to Perform Live?
- Chapter Fifteen: Studio Tips
- Chapter Sixteen: Touring Tips and Road Stories
- Chapter Seventeen: Alternate Tunings
- Master Tuning Diagram
- Chapter Eighteen: Fingernails and Fingerpicks
- Chapter Nineteen: Speed Playing
- Chapter Twenty: Don't You Run Out of Breath and Get Tense?
- Chapter Twenty One: Right-Hand Attack and Position
- Chapter Twenty Two: Words of Encouragement
- Chapter Twenty Three: Picking Pattern Study Notes
- Chapter Twenty Four: Historical Notes
- Arpeggio Exercise
- Tremolo Exercise
- Picking Patterns
- Extra Patterns
- Echoing Gilewitz Patterns
- Echoing Gilewitz
- Maison Blanche Patterns
- The Maison Blanche Exit Song
- Mrs. Firecracker's Patterns
- Mrs. Firecracker's Place
- Pre-Dawn Mourning
- Bilingual Fantasy
- Gypsy Minor/Dirt to Dust