There are currently no items in your cart.
Abel Carlevaro His Last Works composed by Abel Carlevaro (1916-2001). For Guitar (Classical). Saddle-stitched, Solos. Chanterelle. Classic. Intermediate-Advanced. Book. 32 pages. Published by Chanterelle (MB.ECH733).
ISBN 9780786673780. Classic. 9 x 12 inches.
The milonga began as a simple song accompaniment and is one of the oldest song and dance forms to originate in Argentina and Uruguay. Uruguayan composer, concert guitarist and teacher, Abel Carlevaro (1918-2001) preferred to take his time while composing and spent more than a year writing the two Milonga Suites in this collection. They comprise the last major works that Carlevaro wrote.
By contrast, Aires de Malambo and the Milonga para Ling were both written in a single day as exercises for specific students, Nestor Ausqui and Dr. Ling Kan respectively. Written some thirty years apart, it is unlikely that Carlevaro ever expected to see their publication.
The extraordinary music in this collection reflects both Carlevaro's dedication to his students and the music of his homeland. The music is written in standard notation only and is recommended for the intermediate to advanced classic guitarist.
- Aires de Malambo Performed by Abel Carlevaro
- Milonga para Ling Performed by Abel Carlevaro
- Milonga Suites No. 1 Performed by Abel Carlevaro
- Milonga Suites No. 2 Performed by Abel Carlevaro
Abel Carlevaro His Last Works
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Abel Carlevaro His Last Works
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook