There are currently no items in your cart.
Aaron Shearer Learning The Classic Guitar Part 1 by Aaron Shearer. For Guitar (Classical). Wire bound, Methods. Classic. Beginning. Book. 160 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94361).
ISBN 9780871668547. Classic. 9 x 11.75 inches.
Learning the Classic Guitar is a new direction in guitar instruction. Many ideas in these books break new ground. In developing this innovative method, Mr. Shearer adhered to the following concepts: 1) How and what students practice is as important as how much they practice. 2) Give information only when it is immediately useful. 3) Start with the easiest skills. 4) Approach challenging skills gradually. Part one focuses on technical development and explains the most efficient approach to study and practice. Part two should go along with part one and it presents the elements of music and procedures for developing ability to sight-read and memorize. It also introduces the visualization concept. Part three teaches the student to form clear and accurate concepts of music expression. It also teaches the guitarist how to perform in public with accuracy and confidence.
- Part 1 Chapters Include Detailed Instruction On:
- Tuning, Approaching Guitar Study, Four Principles of Efficient Muscle Function, Positioning the Guitar, Tone Production, Beginning Right Hand Training, Beginning Left Hand Training, Training the Right Hand Fingers, Beginning Free Stroke with Your Fing
- Part 2 Chapters Include Numerous Musical Compositions and Studies On:
- Learning to Read Music, Beginning to Read and Play Music, Solo Playing of Music in Two Parts, Beginning Free Stroke/Sounding Two Notes Simultaneously, Beginning Arpeggios/ Sympathetic Movement, Playing Scales, Further Development of Chords and Arpeggi
- Part 3 Concentrates on Interpretation and Performance Development. Chapters Include:
- Approaching Expressive Interpretation, The Basis of Expressive Playing/Enhancing and Creating Musical Contrast, The Moving and Shaping Forces of Music, Organizing Rhythmic Contrasts/ Note Grouping and Phrasing, Applying Note Grouping and Phrasing, Pie
- Performance Development
- Introduction (The Cause of Performance Anxiety, Evaluating Your Situation, Regarding Technique and Memorization)
- Approaching Performance Development (Performance Anxiety and Negative Concerns, Dealing With Errors During Performance, Replacing Negative Concerns with Positive Concerns, Summary)
- Beginning Performance Development (Before You Begin, The Practice Performance, Establishing Your Concentration, Two Kinds of Performances, Developmental Performance Procedure, Approaching the Formal DP, Learning Effective Stage Conduct, Carrying the G
Aaron Shearer Learning The Classic Guitar Part 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Aaron Shearer Learning The Classic Guitar Part 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Format: Collection / Songbook