There are currently no items in your cart.
A Tribute to Gershwin composed by George Gershwin (1898-1937). Arranged by Jack Bullock. Concert Band. Concert Band; Masterworks; SmartMusic. Pop Concert Band. Form: Medley. 20th Century; Masterwork Arrangement; Standard. Grade 3. Conductor Score. 36 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.30810S).
There's not a composer recognized or performed in the classic pop genre more than Gershwin. In his Tribute, Jack Bullock acknowledges this musical genius with eleven charming, yet distinctive, melodies that are all Gershwin. The fast-paced medley opens with "I Got Rhythm" and, in quick succession, threads through ten more tunes closing with the immortal "Rhapsody in Blue." I'll bet you find one or two that you didn't realize were Gershwin melodies! This one's a real champion. (6:51) This title is available in SmartMusic.
- But Not for Me (from "Girl Crazy") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Someone to Watch Over Me (from "Oh, Kay!") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Oh, Lady Be Good! Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- The Man I Love (from "Strike Up the Band") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Fascinating Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Swanee Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Irving Caesar
- How Long Has This Been Going On? (from "Rosalie") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- 'S Wonderful (from "Funny Face") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Embraceable You (from "Girl Crazy") Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
A Tribute to Gershwin
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
A Tribute to Gershwin
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Format: Conductor Score
Level: Grade 3
Series: Belwin Pop Concert Band