There are currently no items in your cart.
A Tallis Anthology composed by Thomas Tallis (1505-1585). Edited by John Milsom. Arranged by Milsom. For Mixed Choir. Mixed Voices. Sacred. Level A-B (very easy - easy). Choral Collection. 128 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193534100).
ISBN 9780193534100. Sacred. 10 x 7 inches.
An anthology of 17 of Tallis's shorter anthems, some familiar, some little known, but all freshly edited and revised. Includes practical performing editions (transposed where necessary, and with keyboard reductions) of 11 motets with Latin texts, 2 sacred partsongs, and 4 anthems with English texts, all with full critical apparatus.
- Audivi vocem de caelo (Advent)
- Derelinquit impius (Lent)
- Hear the voice and prayer (Lent)
- If ye love me (Pentecost and confirmation)
- In ieiuino et fletu (Lent)
- In manus tuas (Evening Prayer)
- Laudate Dominum (General use)
- Mihi autem nimis (General use)
- O Lord, give thy Holy Spirit (Pentecost and confirmation)
- O Lord, in thee is all my trust (Lent)
- O Nata lux (Transfiguration of Our Lord)
- O sacrum convivium (Corpus Christi; Holy Communion anthems; Maundy Thursday)
- O salutaris hostia (Corpus Christi; Holy Communion anthems)
- Purge me, O Lord (Lent)
- Salvator Mundi (Good Friday)
- Te lucis ante terminum (Evening Prayer)
- Verily, I say unto you (Holy Communion anthems; Corpus Christi; Maundy Thursday)
A Tallis Anthology
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
A Tallis Anthology
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Mixed Choir Music
Genre: Renaissance Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook