A Saint-Saens Organ Album
Solo organ with pedals - Level B-C (easy - moderately difficult)
Composed by Camille Saint-Saens (1835-1921). Arranged by Martin Setchell. Collection. 64 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193355927).
Item Number: OU.9780193355927
ISBN 9780193355927. 12 x 9 inches.
This is a wonderful collection of popular and some less well-known pieces. It contains three movements from The Carnival of the Animals, the slow movement and the famous Maestoso section from the 'Organ' Symphony (No. 3), the meltingly beautiful aria 'Softly awakes my heart' from the opera Samson and Delilah, the opening section of the Danse Macabre, and several other pieces illustrating the range of Saint-Saens' compositional style. All the pieces are immensely playable and have been chosen to suit the needs of both church and concert organists.".
- Three pieces from The Carnival of the Animals: The Elephant, The Cuckoo, The Swan
- Danse Macabre
- Organ Symphony No. 3: Poco Adagio, Maestoso
- O Salutaris hostia, from Mass Op. 4
- Prelude: Pastorale in the style of J. S. Bach, from The Christmas Oratorio
- Prelude to The Flood
- Softly awakes my heart, from Samson and Delilah