A Night At The Symphony - Cello
Orchestra cello - Grade 4
Arranged by James McLeod. Orchestra method/study. Strolling Strings. Classical and Orchestra Method. Performance part. With standard notation. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.GL120CO).
Item Number: KJ.GL120CO
ISBN 849769299. 9x12 inches.
Strolling Strings is a fresh and exciting way to sustain or restore interest in your orchestra at all grade levels. Performing at banquets, PTA meetings, and private parties provides much needed exposure for your program. In addition, it gives your students the opportunity to reach out and become involved in their community, developing their performance skills as they go. Strolling Strings is a fun and effective way for orchestra directors to meet the dual challenges of educating students and providing quality entertainment for the community A Night at the Symphony is the most technically and musically challenging of the four shows, but well worth the time! It features arrangements of some of the finest symphonic literature ever written. In 30 minutes you can provide your audience with the elegant music of Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Borodin, von Weber, Strauss, and Dvorak. Grade 4+.
About Strolling Strings
Strolling Strings is your program's answer to marching band, jazz ensemble, and show choir. In addition, strolling allows your students to communicate with an audience in a unique way that builds confidence, self-esteem, and creativity. This innovative curriculum includes both complete shows and individual "showstoppers." Each includes program notes, detailed performance suggestions, and a Show Host script.
- About the Arranger
- Entrance and Opening - Sleeping Beauty Waltz Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Die Fledermaus Overture Composed by Johann Strauss Jr.
- Polovtsian Dance Composed by Alexander Borodin
- Farandole Composed by Georges Bizet
- Symphony No. 5 Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Invitation To The Dance Composed by Carl Maria Von Weber,Carl Maria Von Weber
- Theme from "Scheherazade" Composed by Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov
- New World Symphony Composed by Antonin Dvorak
- Show Closer and Exit - Sleeping Beauty Waltz Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Encore - Dance of the Comedians Composed by Bedrich Smetana