There are currently no items in your cart.
A Banjo Player's Guide to Jamming composed by Carl Yaffey. For Banjo (5-String). Bluegrass. Beginning-Intermediate. E-book. 32 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications - Digital Sheet Music (M0.99708BCDEB).
ISBN 1610658019. Bluegrass.
If you can play a few tunes on the bluegrass banjo but haven't played much with others (or at all), this book will show you what you need to know to sit in on a hot jam session. Geared toward beginner and intermediate players, this book covers playing chords, including which ones to play and when to play them. You'll also discover how jam sessions work and how to act in a session, along with advice on practicing at home. The included CD contains nine tunes performed at a typical jam session. The music is on the left channel with dialog about the tunes such as the name, the key, and the chord progression on the right.Companion audio available by clicking on the 'Listen' link above, or at www.melbay.com.
About Digital Downloads
Digital Downloads are downloadable sheet music in digital format that can be viewed directly on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Once you download your digital sheet music, you can view and print it at home, school, or anywhere you want to make music, and you don’t have to be connected to the internet. Just purchase, download and play!
PLEASE NOTE: Your digital sheet music will have a “watermark” at the bottom of each page that will include your name, purchase date and number of copies purchased. You are only licensed to print as many copies as you have purchased. You may not distribute or print more copies than purchased for use (i.e. you may not print individual copies for friends or students)
- Hot Corn, Cold Corn (W/Dialog)
- Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms (W/Dialog)
- Nine-Pound Hammer (W/Dialog)
- John Henry (W/Dialog)
- Two Little Boys (W/Dialog)
- Columbus Stockade Blues (W/Dialog)
- Down The Road (W/Dialog)
- Little Maggie (W/Dialog)
- John Hardy (W/Dialog)
- Hot Corn, Cold Corn (Stereo)
- Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms (Stereo)
- Nine-Pound Hammer (Stereo)
- John Henry (Stereo)
- Two Little Boys (Stereo)
- Columbus Stockade Blues (Stereo)
- Down The Road (Stereo)
- Little Maggie (Stereo)
- John Hardy (Stereo)
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
A Banjo Player's Guide to Jamming
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
A Banjo Player's Guide to Jamming
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music