There are currently no items in your cart.
The Choral Challenge
Collection / Songbook
The Choral Challenge (Practical Paths to Solving Problems). By Michael Kemp. This edition: Hardcover. Music Education. Book. Text language: English. 287 pages. Published by GIA Publications (GI.G-6776).
ISBN 9781579997038. With Text language: English. Music Education.
"When Kemp gets it right, as he so often does, his observations are simply invaluable. . . Michael Kemp's book, The Choral Challenge, is a tremendous contribution to the profession that deserves a place in every serious choral musician's library. It is a book that bears reading and re-reading and reading yet again."
Dr. Vance D. Wolverton Northern Kentucky University From The Choral Journal, 2010 The Choral Challenge is a book of solutions.
From common to not-so-common problems facing choral conductors of all experience levels (from "a" for agility to "y" for yawning), Michael Kemp brings a lifetime of experience living and working in the choral world to create a truly remarkable and practical book.
Kemp starts with a myriad of quick-fix solutions to common "choral challenges" and then provides in-depth explanations for choir directors who need more.
He follows with sections on planning and preparation (including 62 warm-up exercises), as well as an enlightening discussion on motivating and recruiting choir members.
The result is a truly comprehensive handbook representing true best practices poured into a single incredibly useful and well-organized resource.
Michael Kemp is an internationally respected choral clinician, conducting more than 300 workshops and festivals over 35 years. He is conductor of the choruses and orchestras of Germantown Academy in Ft. Washington, Pennsylvania, and is a member of the legendary Kemp family of choral musicians.
The Choral Challenge
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Choral Challenge
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Choir Music
Format: Collection / Songbook