By David T. Clydesdale & Steve Moore
Be the first! Write a Review
Usually leaves our warehouse:
Within 24 hours
The Borrowed Tomb (An Easter Musical of Faith and Belief). By David T. Clydesdale & Steve Moore. Arranged by David Clydesdale. For SATB Choir. Musical. Modern Christian, Easter. Moderate. Choral Book. Duration 48'00". Published by Word Music (WD.080689711176).
* Crafted in similar style and approach to the Christmas work, That's the Good News
* Choral musical with drama that is easily adapted to staging on any scale
* Five scripted parts includes four actors and one storyteller
* Includes several original songs as well as "Grace Flows Down" from worshiptogether
* Features a message centered on the struggle between faith and belief -- accepting Christ as Savior
* Spectacular accompaniment trax recorded with Symphonia of London
* Production notes available online
Eager to find that balance between a powerful re-telling of the Easter story and the feasibility of a big musical production? Look no further than The Borrowed Tomb, a fresh offering from the talented team of Steve Moore and David T. Clydesdale. Active members of the same church, they understand the complexities of such a major undertaking and have crafted a work that adapts to staging on any scale.
Similar in its approach to their previous work, That's the Good News, Moore and Clydesdale have created another work with simple staging, simple set designs, and a small cast surrounded by beautifully singable music. Lush orchestrations and melodic vocal arrangements of songs - both familiar and new - are seamlessly blended with four actors and one storyteller to express the amazing and life-changing Easter story.
Written from the perspective of Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, The Borrowed Tomb is the story of the all-too human struggle to believe that Jesus truly was - and is - the long-awaited Messiah. It's a profoundly relevant message for a modern day society faced with the very same choice of a personal faith in Christ. Word Music encourages you to embrace the incredible melodies, lyrics, drama and message of The Borrowed Tomb this Easter season.