There are currently no items in your cart.
Power Pickin' Vol. 1
Power Pickin' Vol. 1 (Up the Neck Backup for Bluegrass Banjo). By Bill Evans. For Banjo (5-String). Boxed, Technic. Acutab. Bluegrass. Beginning-Intermediate. DVD. Duration 120 minutes. Published by Acutab Publications (MB.DBE1).
A visual method for learning the basic techniques used to play bluegrass banjo accompaniment in up the neck positions. The material is presented in a step by step approach appropriate for all levels of pickers, and a tab booklet is included. Techniques covered include:vamping - with variations3/4 time backuproll patterns based on chord forms classic backup licks2 finger backup for slower songs bluesy backup styles One of the most challenging skills for any banjo player is being able to accompany other musicians in a jam session or band setting. Called backup, this art of accompanying singers and other instrumentalists requires the mastery of a set of traditional banjo techniques often involving distinctive sounds and licks found higher up the banjo neck.
In this Power Pickin' video from AcuTab, Bill Evans takes you through a careful description and demonstration of many important backup techniques that you can incorporate into your picking right away. Each new technique is explained in detail, using a variety of camera angles and split screen formats to show you exactly how it's done.
First off, Bill shows you how to use the vamping, or chopping technique. A number of right and left hand variations are demonstrated before moving into roll oriented backup. Bill describes the use of the forward roll in closed, up the neck positions as well as the popular two finger backup techniques, sometimes called "teardrop licks."
A variety of right hand patterns are taught based on the different left hand chord forms and all examples are demonstrated both alone and in a band setting, using a standard bluegrass chord progression. Lastly, Bill teaches a number of popular backup licks that will appeal to more experienced pickers and shows how to work them into a song.
Power Pickin' Vol. 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Power Pickin' Vol. 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music