There are currently no items in your cart.
7 to 9 composed by Ben Pritchard. For Concert Band, Jazz Ensemble. Jazz, Latin, Rock, 20th Century. Advanced Intermediate. Set of Parts, Score. Published by Ben Pritchard (S0.4475).
This piece was originally written for jazz ensemble and then arranged for concert band. This was done, in part, to make available concert band literature that utilizes jazz/rock instruments (guitar, bass, piano) and improvisation. There are many arrangements of rock and pop tunes available to band directors. While those arrangements sometimes include bass parts they rarely, if ever, have guitar or piano/keyboard parts. Why not? Why not include these parts, even if they are optional? In addition, I’ve noticed that there is very little concert band literature that involves improvisation. Again, why not? I believe that this is the concert band literature of the future – the integrated utilization of electric guitar, keyboards, and improvisation. This piece is my first attempt at such a venture. Having just finished the premier performance of the original jazz ensemble version of “7 to 9” I thought it would be a good platform. Most of “7 to 9” transitions between 7/4 and 9/4. It is a fun, quirky piece with a Latin feel. There is a short 5-bar swing section in the middle for open solos. There is also a “one chord” solo section later in the piece for less experienced improvisers. The students will really enjoy putting this together, especially with the electric guitar, piano, and bass. It adds a completely new dimension to the concert band as well as an overall excitement. The piece ends with a long building Latin groove with a “jam” feel to it. The guitarist ends this build with an improvised solo which soars above the rest of the band. It is a fun piece to play but requires a great deal of focus due to the changing meter and odd phrase lengths and entrances. There is only a midi recording available at this time. A live recording will be available soon.
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
7 to 9
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
7 to 9
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Series: Digital Print Publishing