There are currently no items in your cart.
65 Songs (High Voice Edition). By Samuel Barber (1910-1981). Edited by Richard Walters. For Vocal, High Voice, Piano Accompaniment. Vocal Collection. Softcover. 288 pages. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50490044).
ISBN 1423491262. 9x12 inches.
In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Samuel Barber, we are proud to release this major new edition, which includes newly edited and engraved editions of the complete contents of Collected Songs and Ten Early Songs (1994), plus many previously unpublished early songs. Manuscripts from the Library of Congress and other sources were consulted for all songs. The edition includes extensive historical information about each song, a lengthy and insightful article about Barber, and facsimiles of selected manuscripts.
Songs published during the composer's lifetime
(In chronological order of publication)
Three Songs, Op. 2: The Daisies; With rue my heart is laden; Bessie Bobtail • Three Songs, Op. 10: Rain has fallen; Sleep now; I hear an army • Four Songs, Op. 13: A Nun Takes the Veil; The Secrets of the Old; Sure on this shining night; Nocturne • Two Songs, Op. 18: The queen's face on the summery coin; Monks and Raisins • Nuvoletta, Op. 25 o Mélodies passagères, Op. 27: Puisque tout passé; Un cygne; Tombeau dans un parc; Le clocher chante; Départ • Hermit Songs, Op. 29: At Saint Patrick's Purgatory; Church Bell at Night; St. Ita's Vision; The Heavenly Banquet; The Crucifixion; Sea-Snatch; Promiscuity; The Monk and His Cat; The Praises of God; The Desire for Hermitage • Despite and Still, Op. 41: A Last Song; My Lizard (Wish for Young Love); In the Wilderness; Solitary Hotel; Despite and Still • Three Songs, Op. 45: Now have I fed and eaten up the rose; A Green Lowland of Pianos; O boundless, boundless evening
Songs published posthumously
1 First published in this edition
2 First published in Samuel Barber: Ten Early Songs (1994)
3 First published in Samuel Barber: Ten Selected Songs (2008)
Ask me to rest 1 • Au claire de lune 1 • Beggar's Song 2 • Fantasy in Purple 1 • In the dark pinewood 2 • La nuit 1 • Love at the Door 2 • Love's Caution 2 • Man 1 • Mother, I cannot mind my wheel 3 • Music, when soft voices die 1 • Night Wanderers 2 • Of that so sweet imprisonment 2 • Peace 1 • Serenader 2 • A Slumber Song of the Madonna 2 • Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening 1 • Strings in the earth and air 2 • There's nae lark 2 • Three Songs, The Words from Old England: Lady, when I behold the roses 1; An Earnest Visit to His Unkind Mistress Not to Forsake Him 1; Hey nonny no! 3 • Two Poems of the Wind: Little Children of the Wind 1; Longing 1 • Two Songs of Youth: I never thought that youth would go 1; Invocation to Youth • Watchers 1 • Who carries corn and crown 1.
- Love's Caution
- Night Wanderers
- Beggar's Song
- The Crucifixion
- Stopping by Woods On A Snowy Evening
- A Slumber Song Of The Madonna
- Strings in the Earth and Air
- Mother, I Cannot Mind My Wheel
- Hey nonny no!
- Sure on this Shining Night
- Bessie Bobtail
- The Secrets of the Old
- With Rue My Heart Is Laden
- St. Ita's Vision
- Sleep Now
- I Hear an Army
- Monks and Raisins
- Nuvoletta, Op. 25
- Un Cygne
- Tombeau dans un parc
- Le clocher chante
- Church Bells at Night
- The Heavenly Banquet
- The Monk and His Cat
- The Praises of God
- The Desire for Hermitage
- My Lizard (Wish for Young Love)
- In the Wilderness
- Solitary Hotel
- Despite and Still
- A Green Lowland of Pianos
- O Boundless, Boundless Evening
- Ask me to rest
- Au Claire De La Lune
- Fantasy in Purple
- In The Dark Pinewood
- La Nuit
- Love At The Door
- Music, When Soft Voices Die
- Of That So Sweet Imprisonment
- There's Nae Lark
- An Earnest Suit to His Unkind Mistress Not to Forsake Him
- Thy Love
- Invocation to Youth
- Who carries corn and crown
- Three Songs, Op. 2
- Three Songs, Op. 10
- Four Songs, Op. 13
- Two Songs, Op. 18
- Hermit Songs, Op. 29
- Despite and Still, Op. 41
- Three Songs, Op. 45
- Three Songs: The Words from Old England
- Two Poems of the Wind
- Two Songs of Youth
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
High Voice Edition
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
High Voice Edition
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook