6 Divertimenti Hob.IV:6-11
Cello, Viola, Violin, String Trio
Study Score. Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Edited by Andreas Friesenhagen. STUDY EDITION. Henle Study Scores. Pages: XV and 45. Softcover. 56 pages. G. Henle #HN9608. Published by G. Henle (HL.51489608).
Item Number: HL.51489608
Though not nearly as well-known as the “London Trios,” these six delightful divertimentos are Haydn's first pieces of chamber music to expressly call for the flute. Straightforward and full of Haydn's esprit, they are a treasure trove for all lovers of music-making in the home. The stylistic variety of these cheerful pièces d'occasion surely reflects the fact that they are partly based on earlier models: Haydn's baryton trios as well as arias and other items from his opera “Il mondo della luna” (“The World on the Moon”).
- Haydn: Divertimento in D major Hob. IV:6*
- Haydn: Divertimento in C major Hob. IV:8*
- Haydn: Divertimento in G major Hob. IV:9*
- Haydn: Divertimento in D Hob. IV:11*
- Haydn: Divertimento in A major Hob. IV:10*
- Haydn: Divertimento in G major Hob. IV:7*
- Haydn: Six Divertimenti for Violin (Flute), Violin and Violoncello Hob. IV:6*