There are currently no items in your cart.
50 Irish Fiddle Tunes
50 Irish Fiddle Tunes for Fiddle (IRISH FIDDLE). Waltons Irish Music Books. Book with CD. 30 pages. Hal Leonard #WM1370CD. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.634236).
ISBN 1857201507. 8.25x11.5 inches.
Fifty choice tunes, as arranged and played by one of the all-time greats of Irish traditional fiddling, Tommy Peoples.
Tommy Peoples was born in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, and grew up in Killycally, St. Johnston, Co. Donegal. He learned partly from his father but started lessons with his cousin Joe Cassidy at the age of seven. Peoples developed his own techniques of bowing from early in his playing career and is one of the most inventive and imaginative of traditional fiddlers. A move to Dublin led to his involvement in the foundation of The Green Linnet CéilI Band and, in 1974, to a brief spell with the group 1691. Soon after, he joined the legendary Bothy Band, with which he recorded an album in 1975. In the late 1970s he played for a time with the Kilfenora Céili Band but was always happier in small sessions rather than stage performances. One of the most memorable traditional albums of this period is Matt Molloy, Paid Brady, Tommy Peoples (1978), notable for the great passion and energy of all three players' performances. Peoples has released a number of solo albums, including The High Part of the Road (1979), on which he was accompanied by Paul Brady. Throughout the 1980s and '90s he played small sessions, many of them around Co. Clare. The Quiet Glen/An Gleann Giiiin was released in 1998, with Aiph Duggan on guitar, and has strengthened Peoples' standing as one of the all-time greats of Irish traditional fiddling.
$29.95 $23.96_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '3603274']);
$12.95_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '2869196']);
$25.00_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '3824441']);
$14.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '19703099']);
50 Irish Fiddle Tunes
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
50 Irish Fiddle Tunes
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.