There are currently no items in your cart.
400 Years of Recorder Music
- Look inside(2)
Collection / Songbook
400 Years of Recorder Music by Dr. William Weiss. For Recorder (Soprano). Saddle-stitched, Solos. Classic. Intermediate. Book. 64 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93727).
ISBN 9780871668950. Classic. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
An anthology of some of the best recorder music from the early Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Classic, and early Romantic periods. The music of historically well-known as well as lesser-known and obscure composers has been included. Solos, duets, some trios, and quartets from the various periods and schools (German, Italian, French, and English) have been chosen because of their musical content and charm, primarily, and because they illustrate and typify the musical values of the eras in which they were composed. In some instances, keys have been transposed, signature and bar lines have been added. Separate movements, taken from sonatas and suites, have been included as well, in addition to some thematic material. The arrangements are primarily for the descant or soprano recorder. The alto, tenor and bass recorders are included, however, in duets, trios, and quartets. Phrasing breath marks have been indicated for use at the player's discretion.
- The Lass With The Delicate Air Performed by Thomas Augustine Arne
- A Catch Ii Performed by Henry Purcell
- Air Performed by Thomas Augustine Arne
- Bicinium Performed by Adam Gumpelzhaimer
- Gavotte Performed by Henry La Jeune
- Musette Ii
- Theme-Sonata Performed by Arcangelo Corelli
- Was Will Ich Mehr Von Ihr (What More Could I Ask O Performed by Leonhart Lechner
- In The Forest Performed by Felix Bartholdy Mendelssohn
- Andante Performed by Antonio Diabelli
- Arioso Performed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Menuet Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- 3 Voices - Vocal Catch On The Battle At Hailbron Performed by John Blow
- Drinking Song, From La Traviata Performed by Giuseppe Verdi
- Musette, From Anna Magdalena Bach Book Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Sonata Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- The Brooklet Performed by Franz Schubert
- Theme from Surprise Symphony Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Little Dance Performed by Johann C.F. Fischer
- Minuet In G Performed by Ludwig V. Beethoven
- Menuet, From Ann Magdalena Bach Note Book Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Theme From Les Preludes Performed by Franz Liszt
- Vocal Catch Performed by Antoine Brumet
- Welcome Sweet Pleasure Performed by Thomas Weelkes
- Dance Performed by Francois Couperin
- Serenade Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- The Wild Horseman Performed by Robert Schumann
- Theme - Rosamunde Performed by Franz Schubert
- Galiardo Performed by William Byrd
- Hunting Chorus, From Der Freischutz Performed by Carl M. Von Weber
- Impertinence, From Aylesford Pieces Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Glockenspiel, From Magic Flute Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- It Is Better To Laugh Than Be Sighing, From Lucre Performed by Gaetano Donizetti
- Minuet I Performed by Leopold Mozart
- Musette I-Baroque
- Sonata I Performed by Johann C. Schickhardt
- Two Dances Performed by Pierre Phalesius
- She Flies Away, From Don Giovanni Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart,Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sonata II Performed by Johann C. Schickhardt
- Fur Elise Performed by Ludwig V. Beethoven
- Les Cherubins Ou I'aimable Lazure Performed by Francois Couperin
- March Performed by Nicholas Chedeville
- Mazurka Performed by Frederic Chopin
- Minuet Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Moment Musicale Performed by Franz Schubert
- Largo Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Rigaudon Performed by Nicholas Chedeville
- Slow Dance Performed by Johann C.F. Fischer
- Thema Volkslied
- Teremu Tu, French Chanson Performed by Jacotin
- Pied Piper Performed by Nicola Piccini
- A Catch Iii Performed by Henry Purcell
- A Stately Dance Performed by James Hook
- Sonata-Movement Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Come, Gentle Spring, From The Seasons Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Gigue Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Minuet II Performed by Leopold Mozart
- The Trout Performed by Franz Schubert
- Polonaise, From Anna Magdalena Bach Book Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Rounds I Performed by John Blow
- Theme From Overture - Rosamunde Performed by Franz Schubert
- We Gather Here, Good Neighbors All, From Peasants Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- A Catch I Performed by Henry Purcell
- La Volta Performed by Thomas Morley
- Sarabande Performed by Arcangelo Corelli
- Voi Che Sapete, From The Marriage Of Figaro Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
400 Years of Recorder Music
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
400 Years of Recorder Music
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Recorder Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook