There are currently no items in your cart.
1794! Federal Overture for Flute Quartet composed by Benjamin Carr (1768-1831). Arranged by John Gibson. For Flute Quartet. Classical Period. Intermediate. Set of Parts. JB Linear #EN0263F4. Published by JB Linear (S0.5661).
"Benjamin Carr published his Federal Overture in 1794 and it was first performed in the Old American Theater Company in Philadelphia between acts of a play. This selection of popular and political tunes was the first time many of them had been published in America and many were also important to the new United States which was being born at the time. Some of the songs, like Yankee Doodle, have musical turns that seem unfamiliar and so this publication documents how they were being performed at the time. The inclusion of songs popular during the ongoing French Revolution was also an interesting move on Carr's part. Some of the transitions between tunes are a bit abrupt, but have been retained as part of this historical document. --The Rose Tree was a ballad from a popular opera, ""The Poor Soldier"" and a traditional Scottish melody --La Carmagnole was a French song of 1792 that was sarcastic of the French monarchy and popular during the French Revolution --President's March was composed in 1789 for the inauguration of George Washington --Yankee Doodle - The British soldiers played this tune while marching to battle with the colonists and the rebels claimed it as their own. It became a point of pride to be called a Yankee Doodle. For three Flutes and one Alto Flute. (alternate 4th flute included)".
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
1794! Federal Overture for Flute Quartet
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
1794! Federal Overture for Flute Quartet
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Flute Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Period Sheet Music
Format: Set of Parts