There are currently no items in your cart.
101 Three-Chord Songs for Guitar, Banjo, and Uke composed by Larry McCabe. For Guitar (Flatpicking & Fingerpicking). Perfect binding, SongBook. McCabe's 101 Series. All Styles. Beginning. Book. 128 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99476).
ISBN 9780786651597. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
You need only minimal playing skills and three chords--G, C, and D7--to accompany all the great songs in this innovative book. If you are just getting started, or if you are a "casual" player on a chording instrument, this is the perfect book for you. The book is absolutely bursting with a great variety of music: Old-time, bluegrass, gospel, Christmas, children's tunes, Stephen Foster, British and Celtic, cowboy, blues, and more. Because melody and lyrics are provided with every song, singers will also enjoy this wonderful collection of the world's favorite songs. Truly a book of outstanding arrangements, made playable for folks who play for their own enjoyment. (Some of these songs, like "Dark Hollow" and "Way Downtown," are hard to find in print.) Guitar, uke, and five-string banjo diagrams are included for the three chords, along with tips on strumming and transposing tips for singers. An invaluable reference book for teachers and pros, too!
- Ain't No Use Me Workin' So Hard
- All The Good Times are Past and Gone
- Aunt Rhody
- Banks Of The Ohio
- Barbara Allen
- Betty And Dupree
- Big Ball in Nashville
- Billy Barlow
- Billy Boy
- Blest Be The Tie That Binds Performed by Johann G. Nageli
- Blow the Man Down
- Boil 'Em Cabbage Down
- Bury Me Beneath The Willow
- Camptown Races Performed by Stephen Foster
- Careless Love
- Come And Go With Me
- Corinne, Corinna
- Cotton-Eyed Joe
- Crawdad Song, The
- Dark Hollow
- Dixie Performed by Dan Emmett
- Down in the Valley
- Early One Morning
- East Virginia Blues
- Fair Eleanor
- Foggy Mountain Top
- Frankie and Johnny
- Goodbye, Old Paint
- Green Grow The Lilacs
- Gypsy Davy
- Hand Me Down My Walking Cane
- Handsome Molly
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- Home, Sweet Home Performed by Henry Bishop
- House Of The Rising Sun
- How Many Biscuits Can You Eat?
- Hush, Little Baby
- I Am A Pilgrim
- I Never Will Marry
- In The Sweet Bye And Bye Performed by J.P. Webster
- I Saw Three Ships
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No More
- I Wish I Was Single Again
- Jacob's Ladder
- Jesse James
- Jesus Loves Me
- Jim Along Josie
- Jingle Bells Performed by James Pierpont
- Joe Turner Blues Performed by W.C. Handy
- John Henry
- Joys of Love, The (Plasir D'Amour)
- Kingdom Coming Performed by Henry Clay Work
- Kum Ba Ya
- Leaning on the Everlasting Arms Performed by Anthony Showalter
- Little Brown Jug Performed by J.E. Winner
- Liza Jane
- Lonesome Valley
- Long Journey Home ($2.00 Bill)
- Mairi's Wedding Performed by Traditional Gaelic
- Mama Don't Allow
- Midnight Special
- Nearer, My God, to Thee Performed by Lowell Mason
- Nelly Bly Performed by Stephen Foster
- Old Folks At Home (Swanee River) Performed by Stephen Foster
- Old Molly Hare
- Old Time Religion
- Open up them Pearly Gates
- Other Shore, The
- Pay Me My Money Down
- Precious Memories
- Red River Valley
- Rock Of Ages Performed by Thomas Hastings
- Rock O' My Soul
- Roving Gambler, The
- Rye Whiskey
- Saint Louis Blues Performed by W.C. Handy
- Santa Lucia
- Silent Night Performed by Franz Xaver Gruber
- Skip to My Lou
- Sourwood Mountain
- Stagger Lee
- Strawberry Roan
- Streets Of Laredo
- Sweet Hour of Prayer Performed by William B. Bradbury
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- There Is A Fountain Performed by William Cowper
- This Train
- Titanic Blues
- Way Downtown
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus Performed by Charles Converse
- When The Saints Go Marching In
- Where Has My Little Dog Gone Performed by Septimus Winner
- Where, Oh Where Is Dear Little Susie
- White House Blues
- Wildwood Flower
- Will The Circle Be Unbroken
- Worried Man Blues
- Wreck of the Old '97
- Yankee Doodle
- Yellow Rose Of Texas
101 Three-Chord Songs for Guitar, Banjo, and Uke
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
101 Three-Chord Songs for Guitar, Banjo, and Uke
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: McCabe's 101 Series