Tunes for Beginning Improvisers. Composed by Various. Edited by Chuck Sher & Zisman. This edition: spiral-bound. Real Easy Books series. Get yourself or your beginning jazz combo sounding good right away with the first fake book ever designed for the beginning improviser. Jazz and Instructional. Fakebook. With melody and chord names. 94 pages. Published by Sher Music Company (SR.REBEB).
Item Number: SR.REBEB
ISBN 9781883217198. 9x12 inches.
Get yourself or your beginning jazz combo sounding good right away with the first fake book ever designed for the beginning improviser. Easy, but classic jazz tunes give the student a good start in learning the jazz repertoire.
* Sample piano voicings, guitar chord diagrams, sample bass lines and useful scales for improvisation are included with each tune, for easy reference.
* Developed and road-tested for years at the Stanford Jazz Workshop's summer jazz camps. It works!
* Each song will sound good played in rock, funk or Latin styles, as well as swing.
* Perfect for individual students of all ages, as well as jazz combos.
* A great resource for music teachers and band directors.
* Available in C, Bb, Eb and Bass Clef.