Harp Song - The Golden Thread (with Selected Arrangements for the Folk Harp). Composed by Mary Umbarger. For Harp (Folk/Celtic). Squareback saddle-stitched, Solos. Acoustic Music. Intermediate-Advanced. Book. 88 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.22199).
ISBN 9780786683154. Acoustic Music. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
The musical journey through this book of folk harp arrangements expose the player to music from the 12th to 20th centuries. Information about the tunes and composers, plus lyrics, stories and poems, give insight to the music and are valuable performance tools. You will enjoy music not usually found in harp repertoire that lies well on the harp with few lever changes.
* Contains 43 arrangements on 84 pages
* Traditional music from Scotland, Ireland, Brittany, Canada, England
* Contemporary composers include Roger Tallroth, Leif Goras,(Sweden), Tom Anderson, (Shetland), Alisdair Fraser, (Scotland), and Dr. John Turner, (US).
* Spanning the 12th through 20th C.
* Historical notes concerning the tunes and composers
* Legends, stories, lyrics and poems.