Mandolin - Beginning-Intermediate
Chords, Rhythm & Songs. Composed by Dix Bruce. Boxed, Play Along. Jazz. DVD. Duration 100 minutes. Published by Musix (MB.802DVD).
Item Number: MB.802DVD
Jazz. 5.25 x 7.5 inches.
Dix Bruce's 'Swing & Jazz Mandolin: Chords, Rhythm and Songs' DVD teaches everything you need to know to get up and swinging on the mandolin! The main focus is on chord forms and songs so you'll build a repertoire of moveable chords, which you can use on ANY song in the style, while learning eight great songs played by swing/jazz musicians all over the world. Learn at your own pace as Dix takes you through all the basics including the swing/jazz rhythm comp, turnarounds, info on music theory, diminished chords, transposing, basic chord substitutions, common swing/jazz chord progressions, and more. Play along with the DVD and learn each chord progression at both slow and regular speed. Over 100 minutes of video instruction! You'll learn:
* Closed position/moveable Swing & Jazz Chords
* The Swing Rhythm Comp (how to play with a swing/jazz feel)
* Chord Numbering (I vi ii V etc.)
* Transposing Chords & Songs
* Basic Chord Substitutions & Alternate Chord Forms
* All about Diminished Chords
* Blues, Cycles of Fifths, ii V I Progressions
* 8 great Swing & Jazz Songs in several different keys!
* Corrine, Corrina
* Swing in Minor
* Blues in Bb
* The Sheik of Araby
* After You've Gone
* Chord progressions.