Swing & Jazz Mandolin (Chords, Rhythm & Songs). By Dix Bruce. For Mandolin. Boxed, Play Along. Jazz. Beginning-Intermediate. DVD. Duration 100 minutes. Published by Musix (MB.802DVD).
Dix Bruce's 'Swing & Jazz Mandolin: Chords, Rhythm and Songs' DVD teaches everything you need to know to get up and swinging on the mandolin! The main focus is on chord forms and songs so you'll build a repertoire of moveable chords, which you can use on ANY song in the style, while learning eight great songs played by swing/jazz musicians all over the world. Learn at your own pace as Dix takes you through all the basics including the swing/jazz rhythm comp, turnarounds, info on music theory, diminished chords, transposing, basic chord substitutions, common swing/jazz chord progressions, and more. Play along with the DVD and learn each chord progression at both slow and regular speed. Over 100 minutes of video instruction! You'll learn:
• Closed position/moveable Swing & Jazz Chords
• The Swing Rhythm Comp (how to play with a swing/jazz feel)
• Chord Numbering (I vi ii V etc.)
• Transposing Chords & Songs
• Basic Chord Substitutions & Alternate Chord Forms
• All about Diminished Chords
• Blues, Cycles of Fifths, ii V I Progressions
• 8 great Swing & Jazz Songs in several different keys!
• Corrine, Corrina
• Swing in Minor
• Blues in Bb
• The Sheik of Araby
• After You've Gone
• Chord progressions.