There are currently no items in your cart.
- Mega Sounds for Marching Band (18)
- Belwin Young Jazz Ensemble Series (9)
- Alfred Jazz Band Series (7)
- Belwin Pop Concert Full Orchestra (6)
- Jazz Beginnings Series (5)
- Belwin Very Beginning Band (5)
- Belwin Pop Intermediate Full Orchestra (4)
- Belwin Beginning String Orchestra (4)
- Belwin Pop Concert Band (3)
- Belwin Pop Beginning Band (3)
- Belwin Pop Young Band (2)
- Jazz Expressions Series (2)
- Flex-Ability Series (2)
- Belwin Young Band Series (2)
- Belwin Beginning Band (2)
- Belwin Pop Intermediate String Orchestra (1)
- 2010 Midwest Clinic Performance Pieces (1)
- Belwin Intermediate Full Orchestra (1)
- Belwin Concert Full Orchestra (1)
- Belwin Concert Band (1)
About Victor Lopez
Victor López has worked as an educator/administrator with the Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) System for 35 years. He holds music education degrees from the University of Florida and Florida International University, including a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree in Educational Administration and Supervision.
For sixteen years he served as director of bands at Mays Junior High School and Miami Senior High School, and for the past nineteen years, he has worked as an administrator in the Miami-Dade County Public Schools. He was the principal at G. W. Carver Middle School, which under his leadership received the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award and Miami Senior High School, his alma mater. Mr. López also served as Executive Director of the Division of Life Skills and Special Programs in MDCPS. He has also achieved much success in music performance and education. Among many of his accomplishments, Dr. López was named the “1978 Miami-Dade County Public Schools Teacher of the Year” and the “1979 State of Florida Teacher of the Year.”
In addition to being the former lead trumpet player and arranger for the Miami Sound Machine, he has recorded and performed with various artists and has appeared in numerous music videos. Although always busy, Dr. López has found time to serve his community as a councilman in the Doral Community Council in Miami, Florida. He has also participated in the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTACS) committee, which drafted model arts education licensing standards and supporting materials for national certification. Additionally, he was a founding board member of the Florida Schools Music Association, a non-profit organization that oversees all of the music activities in the State of Florida. He is in constant demand as a guest speaker, clinician/conductor, adjudicator, and commission writer across Australia, Canada, and the United States.
Major publishing companies have published his compositions and he currently serves as an exclusive composer, arranger and clinician for Alfred Music Publishing Company with over 450 publications to his credit. Dr. López has recently joined the Fischler School of Education and Human Services staff at Nova Southeastern University as Senior Director/Program Professor in the Office of Licensure and Compliance.