- Sound Innovations for String Orchestra (37)
- Highland String Explorer (27)
- Highland String Alternatives (22)
- Belwin Pop Intermediate String Orchestra (18)
- Belwin Pop Concert String Orchestra (17)
- Festival Music (14)
- Belwin Pop Concert Full Orchestra (14)
- Highland String Orchestra (12)
- Belwin Beginning Full Orchestra (8)
- Belwin Pop Beginning String Orchestra (6)
- Sound Innovations for Concert Band (4)
- Belwin Intermediate String Orchestra (4)
- Belwin Beginning String Orchestra (4)
- Belwin Very Beginning String Orchestra (2)
- Belwin Concert String Orchestra (2)
- Belwin Concert Full Orchestra (1)
About Bob Phillips
Bob Phillips, composer, string pedagogue, teacher trainer, and conductor, is renowned both as an educator and an innovator in string education. Bob and his wife, Pam, devote their time to creating and presenting new music, workshops and materials for string teachers and students. With over twenty-eight years experience in a public school classroom, as well as twenty years as a teacher trainer, Bob brings a wealth of knowledge and a sense of humor to his presentations.
Bob is co-author of the String Explorer and Sound Innovations method books, as well as the groundbreaking Fiddlers Philharmonic and Jazz Philharmonic series, all published by Alfred Music Publishing. He has over twenty pieces published for string orchestra. Bob taught twenty-seven years in the Saline Area Schools building a string program with over 700 students that is a national model of excellence in both classical and alternative music. Bob's groups have performed at national and state conferences. Bob and Pam founded the nationally renowned folk-fiddling ensemble, Saline Fiddlers Philharmonic, which under his direction gained an international reputation annually performing more than 75 shows. Bob has been credited in several national publications with being one of the prime forces in the creation of the alternative styles movement in schools.
Bob graduated from the University of Michigan with both Bachelor and Master Degrees in Music Education, where he studied with Lawrence Hurst, Elizabeth Green and Bob Culver. His students have been successful as string educators, as well as professional performers in both classical and alternative styles. He has been elected "Teacher of the Year" nine times by professional associations and has been invited to present clinics in most states, many foreign countries and at numerous national conferences. Bob has served as conductor for a variety of youth symphonies, honors orchestras and camps.
The City of Saline and both the House and the Senate of the State of Michigan have honored Bob and Pam for their work in music education. He presently serves as Director of String Publications for Alfred Music Publishing Company.